In these Conditions of Hire “us” “our” means the Owners of the Premises. The ‘Hirer’ means the person or persons whose name or names appear on the Booking Form. The ‘Booking Form’ shall mean the Booking Form as set out in the Rock Cottage website. The ‘Premises’ means Rock Cottage. The ‘Furniture’ means the fixtures, fittings, furniture and effects set out in the inventory held by the Owners which lists the individual items. ‘Services’ are the services provided to the Hirer by the Owners under the terms of these conditions. ‘Occupancy’ of Rock Cottage is offered only on the understanding that no more than the maximum number of people indicated on the booking form shall use it. The Owners reserve the right to refuse or curtail any booking which appears (via the booking form, or from other information received) not to meet this requirement, either by numbers in the party or composition.
- The Terms and Conditions of Hire shall constitute a binding contract between the Hirer and the Owners.
- The Hirer shall book Rock Cottage and agree to pay to the Owners the Rent in accordance with the provisions of the Conditions of Hire. If payment is not received in full, the Owners shall be free to cancel the booking, by giving notice to the Hirer and to retain all monies paid by the Hirer and related to the Premises and to claim all losses and expenses incurred (including the loss of rent commission and otherwise) incurred by the Owners, from the Hirer.
- The Owners will release the Rock Cottage keys to the Hirer on the day of arrival.
- Holidays commence at 4.00 pm on the arrival day and terminate at 10.00 am on the departure day.
- A £50 returnable deposit/bond is required at the time of booking. This will only be retained in the unfortunate event of your cancellation or the need for any additional services such as cleaning and/or breakages as a result of the Hirer’s occupancy. The full amount of the holiday is due on arrival, either by cheque or cash for weekly rentals or cash for short breaks.
- The Hirer will every effort to leave the Cottage in the same condition as they have found it at the commencement of the hire. At the request of the hirer the owner will make house cleaning and linen changing services available at a mutually convenient time, at cost price, unless the hiring spans across 2 weeks when it will be undertaken free of charge.
- Only with the written consent of the Owner, usually given at the time of booking confirmation, will the Owner agree to the Hirer keeping one small, well behaved dog on the Premises during the period of hire. In the interests of hygiene the dog will sleep in the kitchen and must not be allowed upstairs in the premises at any time. An additional charge of £20 per dog per week or part week will be levied for this facility. Over and above this, the hirer will not bring any other pets or other animals into the premises without the Owner’s express permission.
- The Owner will make clothes washing and drying facilities available to the hirer at nearby premises at reasonable, mutually convenient times during the period of hire. An additional charge will be made for this facility, at the time of use, payable at the end of the period of hire.
- Cancellation Policy:- Notification of cancellation by the Hirer must be in writing Cancellation made up to 2 months before the commencement of the holiday will result in loss of deposit already paid. Cancellation 1 month before the commencement of the holiday will result in loss of deposit already paid plus 50%of the total holiday cost. Cancellation 2 weeks or less before the commencement of the holiday will result in loss of deposit already paid plus the whole of the total holiday cost.
- The Hirer will:
- not make any alterations or additions to the Premises; the decorations, furniture, nor deface the Premises, and will keep and leave the premises and the furniture clean and tidy and in the same state of repair and condition as they are in on the day the Hirer takes up occupation, and not remove any of the Furniture from its position in the Premises;
- not do anything on the Premises which may be or tend to be a nuisance, annoyance or cause damage to the owners or occupiers of any neighbouring or adjoining property;
- use the Premises for the purpose only of a private holiday residence for the number of persons indicated in the website and the Owners reserve the right to withhold and/or withdraw the keys of the Premises if such number is exceeded. The Hirer will not assign, sub let or part with or share possession of the Premises or any part of them under any circumstances;
- permit the Owners to have Access to the Premise at all reasonable times;
- return to the Owners all the keys of the Premises on the last day of the holiday as stipulated in the Booking Confirmation. In the event of any failure by the Hirer to do so the Hirer is liable to the Owners for payment on demand of the full cost of any replacement keys and/or locks to the Premises.
- It is agreed by the Owners and the Hirer that the Premises are to be occupied by the Hirer for a holiday home as mentioned in the Housing Act 1988 Schedule I Paragraph 9 and the Hirer acknowledges that the tenancy granted by this Agreement is not an Assured Tenancy.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information given either orally or written and all representations are made in good faith, no such representations will create any liability on the Owner’s part.
- Some of the information on our website provides information on facilities outside the Premises. Changes to external facilities are outside our control and therefore these details cannot be relied upon absolutely.
- Once the Owners have accepted a booking, the booking can be changed to another date providing the new dates are agreeable to the Owners.
- If any clause contained in these conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other clauses and the remainder of the clause shall not be affected.
- The laws of England shall govern the contract made between the Owners and the Hirer and the Hirer agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Where the Services are sold under a consumer transaction (as defined by the Consumer Transaction (Restrictions on Statements) Order 1976) the statutory rights of the consumer are not affected by these terms.
- The Contracts (Third Party Rights) Act 1999 shall apply to the terms of this agreement and the Hirer’s obligations to the Owners.
If in the unlikely event the hirer should find cause to complain about any matter relating to the hire of the premises, the Owner requests that:-
- In the first instance the Hirer should endeavour to contact the Owner personally and as soon as possible by, either calling at Rock View Cottage or by telephoning 07803180321.
- In most circumstances the Owners will endeavour to resolve the matter amicably either immediately or as soon as is possible. If this is not possible then, by the time of departure, if at all possible.
- If in the unlikely event of the problem being unresolved after the time of departure then the Hirer is requested to put the complaint in writing to the Owner as soon as possible. The owner undertakes to respond to the complaint within 7 days in writing and will endeavour to settle the matter to both parties’ mutual satisfaction.