The historic Winster Village centre is a 5 minute walk away down the hill. Here you will find:-
- the Old Market Hall, the first National Trust property in the Peak District;
- a post office and a good general store and newsagent that opens at 8.30 a.m. every day until late;
- 2 pubs that serve food, The Old Bowling Green Inn and, at the top of the village, The Miners Standard;
- the village church as well as Methodist and Wesleyan Chapels;
- the Winster Tapestry and tea shop which opens some weekends.
For The Energetic
Walks abound without having to access your car.
Out and about
A short drive away there is a wealth of historic places, entertainment and countryside to explore including:-
- Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall;
- the market towns of Bakewell and Ashbourne;
- The Blue John, Treak Cliff and Speedwell Caverns;
- Crich Tramway Museum and the Midland Railway at Butterley;
- the spa towns of Matlock Bath and Buxton with an Opera House that has an excellent reputation for the arts;
- stunning Dovedale and Lathkilldale.